Friday, May 9, 2008

Design For Tote Bag... Flower Power!

Mushroom Season is upon me here in the midwest! I have been putting several miles on these poor shoes of mine, looking for these golden treats. I've been so busy walking around the back acreage, in fact, that I've not had a chance to get in here to my blogs since May 4! Anyone who has never had Morel mushrooms has not lived life to the fullest, as far as I'm concerned. These wild growing delicacies are top notch! (and if you don't believe me...try to buy some! They sell around here for $10 per the 8 ounces in a baggie...that's $20 a pound!!) April and May are supposed to be my busiest months, but this year, the snow and cold and rain have hung on tenaciously, so I haven't even been able to till my garden yet. So...I'll try to get in here everyday, but when the mushrooms call and the garden starts to sing to me, blogging will have to take a back seat.

I may need to have my head examined, but I've opened up another Cafepress shop. This shop I have decided to use solely for my rodeo related 'stuff'. So far...no one has discovered me yet, but they will...especially after Rodeo season gets under way in a few weeks. I've made a couple of new designs and wanted to share one of them with you. You can find this one on a Tote Bag in my original cafepress shop.



I love bright colors. Pinks, purples, yellows...they remind me of flower gardens. I also love the funky look of the Era of the Hippie...unfortunately, the 60's ended when I was two, so the only thing I got from that Era was the hand me down bell bottom jeans...which I still hate to this day. So, I took part of this great time of 'make love not war!' and modernized it just a tad and came up with the design. I think it looks terrific on the tote bag. I haven't decided if I want to put it on shirts or not as of yet. I hope you like it as much as I do!

No comments: