Thursday, May 1, 2008

Okay...Now What?

I always hate this part of the blogging process. What to write on that oh-so-important first blog post.

I have another blog called The Art Of Color, which I use to promote different shops on a website called Etsy. I love doing it, too! It gives me great satisfaction to make other people smile because they got an item that they are trying to sell spotlighted.

But I want this one to be different. I want to show off my own stuff as well... you know... without actually bragging about it. This is what I've come up with.

I LOVE taking photographs of nature. Trees, creek beds, flowers, birds... you name it. Sometimes I get REALLY lucky and get photographs that are brag worthy. The rest, I use as reference photos for my drawings. Like the one you see at the top of this blog. That was taken at a pet store. I just took out the bird cage and drew the beautiful Sun Conures that you see. It's FUN...I love to do it. I want to do more with my creations, though. I want everyone to have one...or at least, have something with one of my creations on it. Sort of like sharing and showing off in one stroke!

So, I opened up a shop on Etsy. I can sell the originals, and prints of my photographs. I can even sell prints of my originals, but I don't...not yet, at least. But I needed another outlet for my work. I opened up a store on Cafepress this week. I have a few items in there, and I will be adding more soon. But if I don't get the word out that I'm there...who is going to find me?

I have spent the last 8 years forgetting almost everything I learned in college to earn my fancy Commercial Art degree. Much of the knowledge that I gained about Photoshop and Illustrator has withered from neglect and abandon. I want it back. I want to make the glorious graphic creations that I see other people making. So, this also going to be my 'Graphic Arts Knowledge Refill' of sorts.

So...why don't you join me? You can enjoy front row seats as I rejoice in my own achievements, or fall flat on my face when I trip over my own computer. Come on!! This could be FUN!!

No comments: